The SANS Inc. team is a dedicated and cohesive group of people sharing expertise and ideas to develop educational technology platforms that align with 21st century teaching and learning.
Northern New JerseyApply Now
- Previous experience as a Software Engineer/Web Developer with demonstrated success developing software systems from concept to launch
- Ability to develop and troubleshoot software systems that run in mixed-environments including desktop, server, and mobile
- Overall familiarity with server operations
- Content Management and Learning Management System exposure is highly desirable
- Foreign Language educational technology experience a plus
- Ability to work independently without supervision
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand how our VLE product is structured, and how customers use it.
- Write code for/program new features.
- Follow development lifecycle – requirements definition, design, coding, testing and deployment.
- Investigate, analyze, and make recommendations regarding technology improvements, upgrades and modifications to ensure product differentiation.
- Perform on-going competitive analysis to retain market leadership/leading-edge product delivery.
- Develop feature documentation, user guides, and code comments.
- Oversee software issue tracking to ensure proper reporting, prioritization, and resolution.
- Develop strong communications with cross functional stakeholders to facilitate new feature release integrity.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical discipline; or equivalent demonstrable experience.Apply Now